The APYN Youth Ambassador initiative is a leadership learning and networking opportunity for young people in Asia Pacific who want to develop their leadership skills with APYN and campaigns for social change.
Over an 18 month period, you will work with young human rights activists/advocates/interested individuals from across the Asia Pacific Region to develop your own projects in one of the following streams: 1) Local Community; 2) Regional Campaign; and 3) Online Facilitation.
How do YOU(th) apply? (Application Requirements)
2. All Local Community and Regional Campaign project applicants are required to have support from a local community organization. Find an organization that will mentor and support you at the local level for 18 months! Click here for detailed information about local community organizations. Support from a community organization/partner is recommended but not required for Online Facilitation project applicants.
3. Complete the application form below. The deadline for application is 10 April 2012 11:30pm Hong Kong time. Incomplete applications and ones submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
4. Co-Facilitators will contact shortlisted candidates for interviews by April 16, 2012.
5. We will announce successful candidates on 27 April 2012. If your application is not successful, there are still many other ways to become an APYN youth leader!
What is the selection criteria?
- From and currently lives in Asia Pacific
- Aged between 16-30 years old
- Able to commit at least 3 to 5 hours a week to attend preparation and skills training workshops and delivering an action plan from April/May 2012 and end of December 2013 and beyond
- Interested in developing leadership, campaigning and mobilization skills
- Enjoy working in teams and providing mutual support to team mates on projects
- Interested in mobilizing other young people for social change
- Currently involved in a youth network
- Have ready internet access
- Able to communicate in English
- Preferred: Demonstrated involvement in 3 (regional network e.g. APYN) activities and/or active involvement in APYN over the past 18 months
Applications are closed – thanks to everyone who applied! We will contact shortlisted candidates for interviews very soon!
|Here are some useful links|